Your health and safety are paramount. We must all be vigilant in working together to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure to our students, families, faculty and staff.
The following policies and practices are in place.
- All in-person faculty are vaccinated.
- All students over age 16, caregivers, and parents must be fully vaccinated before entering the Washington Conservatory or participating in a lesson, class, or ensemble. For special exceptions on medical or religious grounds please call 301-320-2770 to obtain an exemption pass. Those age 16 and older may be asked to provide proof of vaccination.
- Students have the option of in-person or online lessons.
- Anyone exhibiting symptoms or fever may not enter the building.
- Masks are required in any indoor space, as mandated by Montgomery County.
- Hand sanitizers are provided in each teaching studio.
- Piano keys are disinfected between each student.
- WCM teaching rooms are equipped with air purifiers.
- The WCM recital room is equipped with a cross ventilation fan.
- Smaller studios are equipped with plexiglass dividers.
- Lessons and classes may be offered outdoors, weather permitting.
- Because vaccinated persons may exhibit no symptoms, yet still contract COVID-19 and unwittingly pass it on to vulnerable children who are unvaccinated, everyone is encouraged to seek PCR testing.