The Washington Conservatory of Music, a nationally accredited (ACCPAS) community music school serving students of all ages and levels of ability in Glen Echo Park, Maryland, invites applications for the position of hourly teacher of piano to join our current outstanding piano faculty.
- Doctorate and/or equivalent professional experience preferred; Masters degree required.
- Significant experience teaching students of all ages and levels of ability.
- Proven success as a teacher (e.g. prizes won by students or student acceptance into advanced programs).
- Significant professional accomplishments as a concert pianist and/or chamber musician.
- Excellent motivational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent pedagogical knowledge.
- Ability to introduce, nurture, and reinforce joy in music-making.
- Ability to assess technical and musical issues and teach to each individual’s needs.
- Minimal teaching availability of 8 hours per week.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
No definite teaching start date, although the expectation is September 2022 or before.
Teaching assignments depend on overall enrollment and normally will grow as enrollment exceeds current faculty availability.
WCM hourly faculty are W2 employees.
The Washington Conservatory embraces diversity and seeks candidates who will create a climate that attracts students of all races, nationalities and genders. We strongly encourage underrepresented minorities to apply.
Interviews include a three-part process:
- An interview with WCM Director and representative of piano faculty;
- Teaching mini-lessons to one or more students;
- Performance of no more than 15 minutes – repertoire of your choice.
Send cover letter including teaching statement and résumé to:
Executive and Artistic Director, Washington Conservatory of Music
Please use the subject line “Piano Faculty Application”.