ABRSM Exam Details
Exams are based on a multi-level syllabus and may include:
- Performance of pieces selected by the candidate from the graded list
- Scales and arpeggios based on specific patterns, played from memory
- Sight reading, to show the ability to play a short unaccompanied piece of music not previously seen
- Aural training, to support the development of the musical ear, which is fundamental to good musicianship
- Music theory and practical musicianship, which are required at higher levels of study
Student evaluations are based on defined marking criteria in areas including pitch, time, tone, shape, and performance. Marking forms and awarded certificates are distributed by ABRSM after the exam.
Interested students should contact the main office or consult with their teacher.